a calendar on a cellphone

Jack’s Blog

The Daily Grind

Sometimes I feel that the media paints a glorified picture of the glamorous Osbourne life, and I feel compelled to share the truth of my daily life with you, my MS friends.

Don’t get me wrong, growing up in a famous family and being on a reality show have benefitted me in a lot of ways, but I also face a lot of scrutiny because of it. I often read some pretty laughable things online about how us Osbourne kids don’t work and we live off of our parents’ money. This is false.

I wish I had a magical bank account or allowance where someone paid for my mortgage and bills, but that just isn’t the case. Kelly and I have both been working really hard since we were in our teens, and completely support ourselves financially. I worked at a record company when I was 15 years old. I feel like I’ve been working my whole life! I’m sure we all share that wish, but to this day I have to go to work just like everyone else and put in my hours every day in an office.

In my daily life, I am a reality television producer who owns my own company. I’m producing three active network shows right now and a few others are always in the pipeline (whether or not they actually get picked up by a TV network).

So, what does my day-to-day look like? Well, starting at about 6 a.m. I get up with my two girls, Pearl and Andy, and take them downstairs for breakfast while my wife sleeps in for a bit after being up all night with the baby. After this I usually go to work out at my gym. Next, I go to the office and usually have a meeting or start answering a never-ending string of emails. There is usually something on my desk for me to review as soon as I sit down. Sometimes I go to other offices, agencies and networks for meetings, but mostly it’s just answering emails, meetings, and reviewing footage in the edit bays.

Doesn’t sound so glamorous, right? Because it’s not! Making TV isn’t as exciting or glitzy as you might think it is.

On top of that, I am also filming a show right now as talent, where I’ve had to travel far distances, sometimes leaving home for two weeks at a time. This puts a lot of strain on my wife having to be with the kids without me, but hey, I have to work (oh if I only had that magical bank account)!

After work every day, I sit in about an hour of traffic to get home. Then, I eat dinner with my family and put the kids to sleep. My wife and I get to hang out for about an hour together before we both pass out from exhaustion.

My daily grind might be similar or very different than yours, but one way I have been able to manage my schedule while managing my RRMS is to take time for me. Even when I don’t feel like it, I make sure to go to the gym and eat a healthy lunch. My wife always cooks healthy dinners so she has that covered, but it’s up to me to fend for myself the rest of the time! Another way I manage my health and schedule is to get adequate sleep. I used to go to bed at midnight or later. Since having kids that are not the best sleepers, I have to be in bed by 9:30 p.m. and asleep by 10:00, or else I am wrecked the next day. Sleep is so important, don’t underestimate it! I take every day with RRMS one day at a time, and do my best to take care of myself along the way.

Just a day in the life!